Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Just a Note about the Election

Greetings,
I spent the better part of the day yesterday following the election. I don't have too much to say about it but I did notice how much all of the news anchors were talking about Obama bringing in the white voters as well as the blacks. It reminded me something of the fight for freedom that the slaves endured and the whites had took a stand and helped see the black people freed.
Indeed this will change America forever. The true status of our equality has been shown in this election and the reaction thereof.
I did not vote for Obama because he was merely black, but because of the promotion of change in America over McCain's. Had it been another black man whose views weren't up to par, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have voted for him. I don't intend to speak my whole opinion on the election. I'm more spiritual than political, but I will say that it is a beautiful thing to see. How it has affected black people all over the country, only God knows the depth.
I pray that God covers him and I'm confident that through God the change that all of us desperately need will come. God Bless you all!
Until this evening when I write again.

No comments: